Sunday, August 4, 2019

Top 20 Hits of The 1970s!




I
n terms of popular culture, the 1970s was a fun and flamboyant decade where the exciting worlds of film, fashion, and music collided most extravagantly to mark an iconic era. It was a time of disco, bell-bottomed pants and turtle necks, fringes and curls, the hippie movement, classic cars, roller-skating, and of course, a lot of groovy dance numbers!

I often say jokingly that I was born in the wrong era, and if you’ve read my article ‘Does roller skating still exist?’, you’ve probably noticed that I’m slightly obsessed. If I’m not studying or spending time with my dog, I’ll often be feeding my 70s and 80s obsession trying to re-live a by-gone era.

The other day, I was feeling especially obsessed and tried to re-create retro looks with my turtleneck shirt, bits and pieces stolen from my mum’s closet, and of course, a classic Jaguar to pose next to! Was fun.

Don't forget to follow @1970sdaytripper on Instagram for daily 60s/70s/80s content!

Forget me. Look at the 1964 Jaguar!

In this article, I wanted to share with you my top 20 all-time favourite hits from the 1970s. They always put me in a good mood and trigger the nostalgia for an era in which I’ve never even lived. 


Hope you find some favourites to dance to as well!

Welcome back to the 1970s!...



#20: Angeleyes – ABBA (1979)


#19: Starman – David Bowie (1972)


#18: Social Disease – Elton John (1973)


#17: Boogie Wonderland – Earth, Wind, & Fire (1979)


#16: Grease – Franki Valli (1978)


#15: My Name Is Tallulah – Paul Williams in Bugsy Malone (1976)


#14: More Than a Woman – Bee Gees (1977)


#13: You’re the One That I Want – Olivia Newton-John, John Travolta in Grease (1978)


#12: There’s a Kind of Hush – The Carpenters (1976)


#11: I Don’t Want to Talk About It – Rod Stewart (1973)




#10: Dancing in the Moonlight – King Harvest (1972)


#9: Sweet Painted Lady – Elton John (1973)


#8: Maggie May – Rod Stewart (1971)


#7: Seaside Rendezvous – Queen (1975)


#6: I Was Made for Lovin’ You – Kiss (1979)


#5: Close To You – The Carpenters (1970)


#4: Night Fever – Bee Gees (1977)


And the top 3...


#3: Killer Queen – Queen (1974)


#2: Bennie and the Jets – Elton John (1973)


#1: Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy – Queen (1976)



Wow, what a decade. Classic films like Grease, Saturday Night Fever, and Bugsy Malone hit Hollywood screens, and singers such as Elton John, Bee Gees, and Queen were lighting up the stage in front of millions. It was painfully hard narrowing down my favourites to 20!

I could honestly go on and on but I’m itching to jump up and groove to these songs! So I’ll wrap things up and leave you dancing in the moonlight to these 20 feel-good tracks of the 1970s!

Happy dancing, and watch out for my future post on my fave hits of the... 1980s!

Love, Young and Unheroic xx

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Young and Unheroic | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig