Friday, July 26, 2019

4 Original Poems from Instagram

Contemplative musings...


Have you ever written poetry?

I never thought I was the type of person to try poetry. But then again, all through high school I had a profound dislike for English and here I am writing articles and lovin’ it!

To me, poetry is like a beautiful string of words woven delicately into a little package of big emotions. It’s bundled with colour, ribboned in rhyme, and laced with charm and wit. Poetry is so visual, I feel, and it has the power to evoke real images, scents, sounds, tastes, and sceneries. In many ways, it’s like a postcard enveloped straight to your soul.  

I’ve tried writing poetry before and it hasn’t worked. It was because I didn’t have the feeling in my heart and thus, the flow of creativity from my head to the hand to the pen, was lifeless and dead.

But when I started to take photos, I found myself seeking out the emotion rather than the physical thing. It was a surreal feeling (omg stop being so melodramatic) because it made photo-taking so much more meaningful. Every picture can tell a story if you look closely, and sometimes, the sheer emotion I would get out of photos would be like some indescribable force that would fire up my creativity, and then... the words would simply write themselves!

Poetry and photographs, I feel, are like strawberries and cream; they really go hand in hand. A few times, I’ve started writing a caption on IG and it ends up turning into a little poem (or at least an attempt of one!).

So, since these poems have only been born out of IG, I thought I’d share them on the blog too. Obviously, I’m not the best at it but I do enjoy it, and I hope you can try it as well!

Here are four original poems from Instagram (Part 1!)
Enjoy…


Missy and me
It's more than just playtime...

It's flying into the air,
wind in your hair,
leaping and bounding,
without any cares.

We're born to be free,
happiest are we,
when we're flying together,
Missy and me.



The Alpaca
She notices me,
and studies me silently.
Her ears, pricked up.
Her eyes, surveying my every move.
Calmly, she maintains her composure
as I, the intruder, step foot on her grounds.
Suddenly I feel very insecure
in the presence of this magnificent being.
I am not worthy
that this remarkable creature
should acknowledge
my existence.



At Last, The Sydney Harbour Bridge!
After hours of walking
Through the scorching summer heat,
Of toiling and treading
Through many a Sydney street,
There could not be a sweeter
And more tantilising treat,
Than the sight of Sydney Harbour
From 170 feet.



Sweet tooth
I satisfied my sweet tooth,
what more can I say?
dessert for breakfast,
is more than okay!


Slight change of tone in Part 2 tomorrow! 
Thanks for reading. Don't forget to follow me on Instagram for more!

Love, Young and Unheroic xx

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Young and Unheroic | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig