Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Where to enjoy Ramen in Sydney!

Ready to enjoy my favourite food at Ramen Goku


E
very time I finish a steaming bowl of ramen, my heart is full and my stomach is content! Japanese noodles have always been at the top of my favourite foods list and I’m always sniffing out the nearest ramen shop whenever I’m out and about.

Although I am yet to complete my tour across all the ramen restaurants in the city, I am delighted to recommend two exciting ramen restaurants in Sydney which will keep your tummies warm this winter!


Ippudo

When I walked into Ippudo, it was like I had entered a ramen universe! Watch out because the line here can be long! This place is bustling with people all enjoying the best food on earth. Ippudo has restaurants all over the world; in Sydney, it’s located in Westfield Tower.

Ippudo Westfield

I was so deeply impressed by the fanciness of the restaurant (which includes a bar!) and the top-quality excellence of its authentic Japanese noodles. Especially when they asked me if I preferred soft, medium, or hard noodles – that’s when you know it’s fancy!

I ordered the Akamaru Shinaji Ramen which had a creamy tonkotsu broth, blended miso paste, pork belly, bean sprouts, flavoured black fungus, and spring onions with medium-thin straight noodles. It was so heartwarming and so…real!

Akamaru Shinaji noodles

My friend ordered the Tori Shoyu Ramen which is exclusive to Sydney! The name means ‘chicken soy sauce’ and the noodles include chicken broth, chicken breast, bamboo shoots, leek, spring onions, roasted seaweed sheets, and naruto (the white fish slice with the pink swirl) with medium-wavy noodles! Mmmm!

Tori Shoyu noodles

For $1, you can get a second helping of noodles to add to your leftover broth, which of course I had to get!

Seconds!

It was such a splendid dining experience in the heart of Sydney and I can’t wait to go 6 more times and get my 7th ramen free!  

See the menu here and the opening hours here!

Address
Level 5 Westfield Shopping Centre
188 Pitt Street
Sydney NSW

and...

Lower Ground
28 Broadway Central Park
Chippendale NSW


Ramen Goku

If you’re hanging around the University of Sydney, come down to Glebe Point Road and visit Ramen Goku. This cosy restaurant is situated in and amongst a multitude of other eateries lining the stretch of road – you’ve come to food street! I really enjoyed the toasty atmosphere of Ramen Goku and of course, the delicious noodles of which there is a huge variety to choose from!

I ordered the Sapporo Miso Ramen which was so tantalising for the tastebuds! 

Sapporo Miso ramen

I loved the sweetcorn and fresh bamboo shoots. My friend says that the magic is in the broth, and this ramen doesn’t disappoint with its chicken and pork broth soup. It also includes a homemade caramelised garlic oil.

I was interested to try this ramen because I’ve visited Sapporo before and have fond memories of the city in Hokkaido. 

The ramen here was so tasty and flavoursome - I highly recommend Ramen Goku!

See the menu here!

Address
30 Glebe Point Road
Glebe NSW

Hours
Lunch
11:30am-2:30pm (Tue-Sun)
Dinner
5:30pm-9pm (Tue, Wed, Sun) & 5:30om-9:30pm (Thu-Sat)

Closed Mondays


That’s two delicious ramen places in Sydney – and so my ramen hunt continues!

Love, Young and Unheroic


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Young and Unheroic | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig