Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Top 15 Songs for Christmas!

Songs that will make you want to dance :)
Instagram Bloglovin

Happy Christmas everyone!

Holiday Season is in full swing and festive Christmas vibes are everywhere you turn!

I love music that brings back good memories, gets your heart racing, and sends the spirit soaring!

Nobody cares what music I listen to and that’s okay, but I know that you care about what music YOU listen to. So I hope you can stay awhile and see if I can help you add maybe one more song to your holiday or Christmas party playlist!

Some of my favourite tunes have been on endless repeat throughout 2018 for me, and I have hand-picked a merry collection for you! 

I’m excited to share with you my top 15 FEEL-GOOD songs and soundtracks that will be playing non-stop at our home over Christmas! Enjoy!


What's on my Christmas holiday playlist?

#15: Hips Don’t Lie – Shakira ft. Wyclef Jean

And neither does my mouth when I say, Shakira never disappoints! As you’ll agree, her songs are a party staple, especially this one. Other notable mentions: Objection; Whenever, Wherever


#14: Felicitá puttana – Thegiornalisti

This Italian band sings the incredibly catchy song, Felicitá puttanaThis groovy tune always pumps me up in the morning, especially after watching this music video!


#13: I Call Your Name – The Mamas & The Papas

This song is originally by The Beatles, who I LOVE! But I also really enjoy this recording by The Mamas & The Papas from 1966. Other notable mentions: Words of Love, Dream a Little Dream of Me


#12: Einmal um die Welt - CRO

First introduced to me by some lovely girls in my year 11 German class. Thanks to them, I’m still obsessed with this song! This music video tugs at your heartstrings too!


#11: I’d Cry – Stevie Wonder

A tremendously feel-good song, despite its seemingly sad title! This one is perfect for your loved ones at Christmas!


#10: Remember Me – Miguel ft. Natalia Lafourcade (from “Coco”)

Reminds me of Mexico! This beautiful song tears me up. I adore the entire soundtrack from the Disney film, “Coco”. Special mention to this funky tune, Jalale, by the Mexican Institute of Sound!


#9: Billionaire – Travie McCoy ft. Bruno Mars

Never get tired of this! That guitar and drum beat is contagious, and the song is just so much 
fun!


#8: My Name Is Tallulah - Bugsy Malone Soundtrack

Actually, I am in love with the entire movie soundtrack, but this one is definitely my favourite! Music is by Paul Williams. Other notable mentions: Fat Sam’s Grand Slam, Bugsy Malone


#7: Night Fever – Bee Gees

Sometimes I wish I could travel back in time to this era! I have this deep fascination for the 1970s discos and their fashion. And their hair! I was compelled by the painful rawness of the movie too. Notable mentions: Stayin’ Alive, More Than A Woman


#6: I can’t help myself – Four Tops

I can’t help but love this song! First heard it in “The Sapphires” and have never looked back!


Top five! …


#5: Da zero a cento – Baby K

Sung by the Italian artist, Baby K, this 2018 hit is hotly addictive and catchy! The song translates to ‘From zero to one hundred’.


#4: Wouldn’t It Be Nice – The Beach Boys

I remember first hearing this in “50 First Dates” and wondering where this beautiful sound came from! Turns out that it’s this uplifting 1966 song by “The Beach Boys”!


#3: Grease (the entire soundtrack!)

Sometimes I go to bed listening to the full soundtrack! I just can’t get enough of this 1978 musical! Some favourites: You’re the One That I Want (John Travolta, Olivia Newton-John), Hopelessly Devoted To You (Olivia Newton-John – also the duet with Mariah Carey!)


#2: Fame – Irene Cara

What a talented artist Irene Cara is! Her songs from the 1980 musical, “Fame”, send chills down my spine. One of my favourite movies, ‘Fame’ is so captivating because of its message of self-motivation and wresting through life’s struggles. Watch more of Irene Cara: Out Here On My Own, Hot Lunch Jam


#1: Te Las Cu Inima – Cleopatra Satran

Undoubtedly, my most listened to song in 2018! The title translates to ‘I leave you with my heart.’ With such a tempting melody, beautiful lyrics, and an irresistible chorus, this upbeat song by the 16-year old Moldovan artist always leaves me feeling bouncy and alive.


There it is! My top 15 tracks for Christmas, complete with musicals, disco, pop, jazz, and soul! There’s something for everyone!

Whenever you’re feeling down, remember these songs! I hope they cheer you up as much as they cheer me up!


Happy holidays!
Love, Young and Unheroic


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Young and Unheroic | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig