Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Two Brisbane Food Destinations



A few days ago, I caught up with one of my beautiful friends and we spent the day exploring the streets of Brisbane City while tasting some great food along the way.

My friend knew exactly where the best hotspots were to get a fine and fancy dining experience. Indeed, there are too many wonderful restaurants, cafés, and bars and it would be impossible to try them all in one day, but we did explore two amazing places for the first time!

If one day, you find your tummy rumbling at lunch hour in the Brisbane CBD, I urge you to visit these two fantastic food destinations that we tried and LOVED...


Lunch: Taro’s Express

Taro’s Express is an authentic Japanese restaurant, and ramen (noodles) is their speciality!

My favourite food is ramen so I was automatically in love the moment I walked in.  

The mouth-watering smell of noodles in the kitchen, the relaxing atmosphere of the restaurant, and even just the sight of all that traditional food on the menu are so inviting!

My friend orders the Red Tonkotsu Ramen. Spicy but not too spicy, and so incredibly delicious! 


Red Tonkotsu Ramen
I ordered this month’s special, which was a cold ramen. Perfect for a hot summer’s day! I think it is only available in December, so come in quick! I highly recommend it!


December cold ramen special
If you haven’t visited Taro’s Express, you should definitely go check it out!

Address:
288 Edward St,
Brisbane City                                       


Afternoon Tea: Brew Café and Wine Bar

This bar has its own secret hideaway underground, away from the hustling and bustling of the busy Brisbane streets.

Upbeat music fills the atmosphere as you relax in what feels like an urban cave, with mellow lighting and walls popping with colour.

From the menu, my friend orders a House Made Iced Tea, which I trust was very tasty and demands being photographed! The cool drink was topped with mint leaves, a strawberry, and some other thing floating in there which we are guessing is a lychee??? Who knows! Still tastes divine!


House Made Iced Tea
I ordered the London Fog: Earl Grey Brew with Milk and Vanilla. Apparently, the sky of London on a cloudy, foggy day can be captured in a cup!? Very delightful for the lover of tea!


London Fog
If you haven’t been to this bar beforewhy don’t you take a look?

Address:
Lower Burnett Lane,
Brisbane City


Thank you to my lovely friend for sharing with me these wonderful food destinations! And now, I’ve shared them with you!

Next time you find yourself wandering through this side of the Brisbane CBD, don’t forget to try these two places if you like!


Love, Young and Unheroic

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Young and Unheroic | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig