Monday, December 17, 2018

Have you ever procrastinated?



Happy Motivation Monday!

I want to share with you my thoughts on that bad habit, procrastination! If a task seems big and burdensome, I find it so tempting to put it off till later! I think we can all relate!

Today’s message is adapted from a little diary entry I wrote earlier this year. It might not cure our Mondayitis but hopefully, it will prevent me and you from carrying those start-of-week woes of today into tomorrow! ...

Note to Self:

Do you ever wish you hadn't procrastinated? I do, all the time.

Procrastination. It's a hungry beast that eats up everything that productivity should have brought to fruition. And yet I let it devour all of my Todays and I leave everything else for Tomorrow.

But what if there was no tomorrow?! 

Why can't I treat everything with a matter of URGENCY! 

"Oh, I'll do it tomorrow" is a phrase for my lazy soul who doesn't acknowledge the fact that the people in my life are not just to-do-list items to get around to during the day. It's NOW or NEVER!

Treat each day as if it were your last 24 hours on Earth! 
Call your family NOW! 
Spend time with your pets NOW! 
Write to your grandparents NOW! 
Do 15 more minutes of study NOW! 
Take that leap NOW!

There's no such thing as 'Later' because once you arrive at 'Later', you'll just go, 
"Oh, I'll do it a bit later." 
Then afterwards, "Not now, later." 

And so 'Later' is simply a non-existent time and place. 'Later' is simply a word that can cause a lot of pain and heart-ache to those you promised your time to. 

How could I think I am so special that I get 'Now' whilst my loved ones all get 'Later'!

I get to spend every second of my life with 'me' so why do I want to snatch all the 'Now' time for myself and leave everyone else with 'Later'? 
Think of all the beating hearts you are breaking and scarring right now! How could I?!

Have a beautiful Monday!

Love, Young and Unheroic


All photos by: Young and Unheroic



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Young and Unheroic | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig