Monday, January 28, 2019

Back-To-School Motivation!

My sister's 2019 planner! It's Back-To-School time!
Hi everyone! Happy Motivation Monday!

The holidays fly by so quickly, don’t they? *sigh*

Today is my sister’s last day of school holidays before she starts up again tomorrow. Universities also start up in about a month or so. I guess students all over the place are getting ready to launch into yet another year of rigorous learning.

There’s a Peanuts comic strip from the legendary Charles M. Schultz that is one of my all-time favourites! It’s the one about Sally Brown on the first day of school (September 8th 1970). It cracks me up every time!

When I was a school girl, I would always be so depressed when the holidays were ending. I always used to say, “The three words I hate the most are… Back… To… School (*shudder*)”. I remember driving around town every January and seeing ads and posters everywhere with those three distressing words – Back To School – and I’d flinch and look away. Honestly! I was just so emotionally attached to the holidays!

How do you feel about the ‘Back To School’ time of year?

In keeping with the theme, I thought I’d post a short piece that might motivate you to start your academic year off on the right foot, unlike my fearful ‘Back To School’ mindset! For today’s post, I trawled through my journal and dug up this little Note To Self from 2018 which I thought would be fitting for today’s Motivation Monday post!

Enjoy, and happy Back To School-ing!


Note to self:

Everyone studies the same subjects as you.
Everyone attends the same classes as you.
They have the same resources,
They get access to the same library,
They sit the same exams as you.         

Yet some do better than you.
Some get more out of it than you.

Why?

Well, the more you give, the more you get.
Are you giving enough?
Are you devoting enough of yourself to your education?

They do better because they actively intend to get more value for their money than what they or someone else paid for their education.

All that money that is spend on your education… you’ve got to make the most of every cent! But not just that.
If you really want to succeed, you need to squeeze MORE out of every cent.
Get MORE value for your money.
As the idiom goes, ‘Get more bang for your buck!’

People who are successful are just ordinary people who keep taking small forwards steps and don’t stop. The rest of us might stop and start, chop and change, but successful people are simply consistent people.

They don’t just want to receive the minimum that their education can offer.
They won’t settle for less.
They won’t settle for average.
They won’t settle for the bare minimum.

So they give it 101%,
They ask questions,
They participate more,
They listen intently,
They take everything in,
They engage in class discussion,
They do further reading,
They do extra training,
They grind behind-the-scenes,
They work hard in silence,
They involve themselves more,
They live and breathe their craft,
They put their mind, body, and soul into their work.

They go beyond what was taught in class!

That’s how you squeeze more out of every cent.
That’s how you get MORE value for your money.
And most importantly, that’s how you get MORE out of life - You go that extra mile.

YOU can GET MORE even if everyone is given the same circumstances.
YOU can DO MORE with what you and everyone else is given.
Don’t disadvantage yourself this year! Everything you need is already inside of you; all you have to do is seize more out of every moment.

Why accept the bare minimum that your money can buy when you can get more value out of it?!

Do what you can, when you can, as often as you can!


Happy Motivation Monday!
Love, Young and Unheroic


P.S. The photo is of my sister’s 2019 planner that she designed herself! I was so amazed that I was inspired to write an article about it! Coming soon!

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Young and Unheroic | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig