Thursday, January 31, 2019

19 January Things


Hello!

It’s hard to believe a month has already gone by in 2019! What have you been up to this month?

In this post, I’ll be sharing 19 things that have been happening in January.

Why 19? Simply because it’s 2019! Hope you enjoy this little update!

Here are 19 things I’ve been up to this month…


1. Walked the Witches Falls Walking Track and saw the Glow Worm Caves on Tamborine Mountain
Read all about our New Year’s Day hike at Witches Falls in this article (and find out how I got stung by a tree!)



2. Went Ice-skating at Iceworld, Acacia Ridge
I was an artistic roller skater for 10 years but I am not an ice-skater and it shows! Nevertheless, I loved it. My dad, of all people, had so much fun on the ice that he took us all again for a second time!



3. Ate breakfast at Café 63 with a lovely friend from school
Thank you to my beautiful friend for a wonderful catch-up! I satisfied my sweet tooth with the Kee Pancakes – complete with ice-cream and berry sauce! My friend ordered the mouth-watering Sullivan which included toast with eggs and avocado. Yum!



4. Took pictures with Gollum’s Door at Scarborough Beach
Read all about our trip to Scarborough beach in this fun article! Do you know about Gollum’s door?



5. Joined the Instagram community!
It’s official! Young and Unheroic is now on Instagram!


6. Applied for jobs, jobs, jobs
I’ve contacted/applied to 40+ places and haven’t had much luck. Ah, such is life isn’t it?


7. Travelled to Sydney for a job interview
I hopped on the 14hr train to Sydney for a job interview at a vet surgery. They gave me a tour of their very nice facility and the staff were incredibly friendly. I didn’t get the job though.  Nevertheless, it was a good learning experience.


8. Walked the Sydney Harbour Bridge!
Well, after the job interview, I made the craziest, impulsive decision. I decided to speed-walk 8km in the scorching summer heat to get to my train station because my Opal card wasn’t working. Lucky I’d packed some sportswear!

What made the walk worthwhile was when I finally stepped onto the Sydney Harbour Bridge after about 1.5 hours on foot! The breath-taking view of the Sydney Harbour and the Sydney Opera House made it all worth it!

The things you do when you don’t want to spend money on a taxi, hey?



9. Looked for koalas and learned about platypus with Pine Rivers Koala Care Assoc.
I attended some events by the Pine Rivers Koala Care Association including a platypus talk and very informative koala tour on which we were taught the basics of rescuing koalas and how to look for koala scat and scratch markings up the trees. Spotted 3 wild koalas too!

Can you see the koala?

10. Hung out at Eat Street with my sister and my dad!
Because family is your besties! It was my first time at Eat Street Northshore, and we enjoyed fish and chips. Such a cool place – they’ve recycled old shipping containers and turned them into eateries!



11. Surrounded myself with alpacas at an alpaca farm
They are such beautiful animals! Read all about my visit to the farm here!



12. Cycled around Brisbane City in a dress!
A fellow blogger and I travelled to Brisbane City to scout around for places to take pictures of! Our parking time was nearly up, but we desperately needed morpictures!

We thought we’d go faster by cycling so in the name of blogging, we boldly rode two of those huge, bulky city bikes and I had to do it in a dress!

Desperate times call for desperate measures!

Such is the life of a blogger. Read the finished product by my fellow blogger here!


13. Went for my eye test and was told that I have ‘incomplete blinking’ – what?
Apparently, when I blink, I only do so partially meaning that a section of my eye is always exposed to the elements. Then my family tells me I sleep with my eyes open - how creepy is that?!

Alongside some eye drops, I now have to practice blinking properly!!
Hmmm, how does one simply practice something that is meant to be involuntary, like … blinking!

Moral of the story:
You should never do a mediocre job of anything – including blinking!


14. Spent the afternoons walking my beautiful dog, Missy!
Missy means the world to me. The best part of any day is when I get to go on a relaxing walk with her in the cool breeze of the late afternoon.



15. Took my driving test again after failing it and … they let me have my P-plates!
Have you read the article on how I failed my driving test?


16. Said a tearful goodbye to my mum at the airport
She left for Japan to take care of my beloved grandpa. I am so grateful that they can be together during this time. I am praying for you both.


17. Watched movies: “Ocean’s 11” (1960) and “Glass” (2019)
“Ocean’s 11” from 1960 had such an unexpected twist, and “Glass” kept me on the edge of my seat! Have you seen them?


18. Listened to these songs over and over again
I’ve been religiously listening to these songs every day because they hit me right in the heart, you know?

“Take On Me” – A-ha (1984)
“Maniac” – Micheal Sembello (1983)
“Jai Ho” – A. R. Rahman (2008)
“Bohemian Rhapsody” – Queen (1975)

Take a look at my top 15 FEEL-GOOD songs here!


19. Wrote blog posts!
Of course, the blog! January has been my second month of blogging and I’m enjoying the adventure just as much as when I started. Thank you to my readers for joining me on this journey!

Don’t miss any of January’s posts…

Vet Viernes

Motivation Monday

Quotes

Plus more!


19 things that have been happening in my life! 

Of course, not everything gets blogged about even if I really want to, because there’s so much to write about and not enough time in January! Hopefully, I’ll get to share more about these experiences with you in my upcoming articles!

Remember, each year has 365 opportunities and 12 new chapters to write. January’s pages have now been written, and it’s time for the next chapter: February! Let’s make this next chapter even better!

I believe in you.

Love, Young and Unheroic


All photos by: Young and Unheroic

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Young and Unheroic | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig