Sunday, January 27, 2019

Quotes: Week 4


Hello!

Can you believe it’s already been 4 weeks into the year?!

As you would know from my ‘365 quotes’ article, I have been pulling out a quote each day from my jar of 365 quotes! I post the Quote-of-the-day on the blog each morning and then round them up in an end-of-week blog post!

I hope you’ve been enjoying the motivation each day as much as I have! I think it’s more effective if you focus on one thing for self-improvement each day, instead of attempting to fully transform yourself in a short space of time.

The important thing is to take it step by step, day by day. Hence the 365 quotes – one quote to embody each day and by the end of the year, you’d have taken 365 steps in the right direction towards self-improvement!

Enjoy this past week’s quotes!


QUOTES: 2019 WEEK 4

Jan 21

Be the type of person you want to meet.

Such a game-changing, ground-breaking, soul-shaking quote!

It forces us to take a long, hard look at ourselves and ask if our habits and mentalities line up with the type of person we would want to run up to and make friends with.

Stop trying to search for that perfect person, and be the idyllic person for yourself! Before searching all around you, seek for your soul! All that you need, you already have inside of you. You are the person you’ve been waiting for, or as Obama says, “We are the ones we’ve been waiting for!”

If you saw yourself from afar, and saw the attitudes and behaviours you were displaying right now, would you say to yourself, “ooh, I want to meet that person!”?


Jan 22

“The people in your life aren’t just to-do-list items to get around to during the day.” – Young and Unheroic

People are living, breathing beings that feel love, pain, happiness, and hurt. Don’t treat them like objects or low-priority to-do-list items to get around to if you’re feeling bothered. Time spent with people isn’t infinite and unending and you never know when it’s the last goodbye so hold on to those precious minutes you get to spend with your loved ones, before time slips away…

There’s so much more to this quote. In fact, I’ve written an entire article about it, and this quote is just one part of it! You can read the full article here for some more motivation!


Jan 23

“All men are created equal. Some work harder in pre-season.” – Emmitt Smith

Probably my favourite quote of all time! I first heard it from Eric Thomas in one of his motivation videos (he’s a great motivational speaker!).

These words from Emmitt Smith urge us to not waste the pre-season. What sets successful people apart from everyone else is that they’re grinding even before game season has even begun!

They’re not standing idle, waiting for the school semester to begin.
They’re not succumbing to laziness, wait for competition season to start.
What they are doing is this…
They’re attacking their weaknesses from the previous season.
They’re building themselves up in preparation for the new season.
They’re making their pre-season count!

Remember, tomorrow starts today, and your future starts NOW!

Make the most of your pre-season so when Day 1 of game season arrives, you can hit the ground running!
                                    

Jan 24

“The greatest gift of all is the gift of giving. Of your undivided attention, your quality time, and your unconditional love.” – Young and Unheroic

Don’t just give half-hearted attention. Give them attention that is undivided.
Don’t just be present in body but absent in mind. Give them quality time.
Don’t just give out a shallow kind of love. Give them a love that is unconditional.

Give them a love that knows no barriers. Imagine how much more beautiful the world would be if love had no margins, no exceptions, no boundaries, no limits.

When you give, pour out your heart and soul.
When you give, give all of yourself.
And remember, when you do, you also give back to yourself.

As John Legend sings in his 2013 ballad, ‘All of Me’
 “Give your all to me
I’ll give my all to you
You’re my end and my beginning
Even when I lose, I’m winning”


Jan 25

“Don’t expect people to support you if you don’t support them.” – Young and Unheroic

I learnt this when I was a school girl and was taking for granted all the people in my life who have always been selflessly supporting me. Especially my parents. They sacrifice so much time, money, and their own pleasures and comfort, so that they could see their daughters be happy and have good opportunities.

I should have been more grateful to my parents who sacrificed too much for me and never complained about it, even if they had to struggle behind-the-scenes, just to keep supporting us. The only right thing to have done would have been to give back their utterly unselfish kindness.

My parents taught me the very important lesson that if you don’t support others, then you can’t expect them to support you. My mum always told me that you are not the queen and everyone else, your slave. You’ve got to stop treating everyone like your servant. When I was a teenager, she tried so hard to discipline me to do chores around the house and not selfishly sit around and wait for food to be cooked for you, clothes to be washed for you, everything to be done for you.

I’m so grateful that you could teach me this lesson – thank you.

Let’s all remember this: You can’t go far in life if you don’t support your supporters too.


Jan 26

“Be the change you wish to see in the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi

Stop sitting around and waiting for change to happen. If you think there’s something flawed about humanity or even your own life and relationships that you think needs changing, go and do something about it, even if it’s the smallest of acts.

Gandhi encourages us to not wait around for that change but to be that change! Remember, all that you need is already have inside of you. Stop waiting for some power figure to change things up; YOU are the power source! Start inciting change!

As the saying goes, ‘Do something today that your future self will thank you for.’

If you wish for a change, let it start with YOU!


Jan 27

“When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful.” – Eric Thomas

Another one of my most favourite quotes. Eric Thomas is also my favourite motivation speaker, and he discusses the thought-provoking concept that most of us don’t want success as bad as we want sleep. Most of us don’t want success any more than they want to hit that snooze button and stay in bed.

If you really wanted success “as bad as you want to breathe”, then…
You wouldn’t value sleeping-in over your success.
You wouldn’t value distractions over your success.
You wouldn’t value laziness over your success.

If there’s one secret to success, it’s this: that you’ve got to want it “as bad as you want to breathe”.

Eric Thomas is asking us, ‘how bad do we want it?!’



I hope you’re feeling inspired to walk into this week ready to smash your goals! Let that fiery passion course through your veins! Remember, change starts with YOU!

Love, Young and Unheroic


Find more motivation here…


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Young and Unheroic | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig